Sunday, March 18, 2012

Handmade Card

This is a card I created from scratch. I used plain cream card stock from my stash to make a 4x6 card base. I inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink from Tim Holtz. The stamp set is from Close to My Heart, as well as the ribbon and inks the stamps are done in. I dyed the ribbon with Barn Red and then added alcohol blending solution to make the color more uniform. Then I sprayed the dried ribbon with gold glimmer mist to add some sparkle. The dress form is stamped in Juniper and the thimble and spool are stamped in Barn Red.
For the sentiment I created a small ticket from some scraps left over from the Recollections Regant Street paper stack and inked the edges with vintage photo as well. I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate from CTMH and embossed it with clear detail powder. It is tied to the ribbon with waxy flax from Close to My Heart.




For the inside, I wanted something simple but that added some decoration since I needed to write a fair amount. I used a top note acrylic shape from my stash as a template and traced in onto the back of this floral patterned paper from the Regant Street collection. It added just the right amount of color and pattern.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment