Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shabby Chic Tags

I just finished my tags for my very first tag swap! I am so excited now that all the nerves are out of the way. If you have never done one, a tag swap is pretty cool. Each person makes a set number of tags, (in my case 9). I kept one and mailed 8 off. Once all the tags are mailed to a central location, they get divided so you get 8 tags back, each one from a different person. For this swap there was a choice of 3 themes. Grungy, (think Tim Holtz), French Country and Shabby Chic. I opted to participate in the shabby chic since it was a new area for me and I had some wonderful ideas swirling.

These are photos of 2 of the tags I sent out. As you can see they are slightly different but using the same materials and general design. Each tag has a 4x6 kraft base and a 3/25x5 white matte with a punched border. The flowers were made from coordinating paper. I cut them out using a punch and my cricut and then hand finessed them. I am so pleased with how they turned out! The back is plain but I did sign each one with my name and blog site so I am hoping that those who get them pop by and leave a comment!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment