Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello Doggie Card

Here is my latest creation! I made this for my sister, who like me, is a dog lover. All of the paper is from my stash and the stamp set is from the current Close to My Heart catalog.


The card base is cream. The dark brown and reddish orange are layered and sized to show about an 1/8 border on all sides. The dog is stamped on another piece of cream in brown Stazon. I then colored it with Bic Mark It permanent markers. To get some of the lightness around the mouth and ears, I went over the permanent marker with the Copic blending marker to leach out some of the color. Before I glued the red/orange piece down, I wrapped it with hemp twine and tied the knot. Then with pop dots, I popped up the thought cloud over the twine for some dimension.


Here is a great tip to get started using permanent markers to color your stamped images. Start out using the Bic Mark Its ( I got mine at Wal-Mart) and just purchase the Copic blending marker. Experiment with shading and lighting areas and see what you come up with. Thats what I did here and I am thrilled with the results!

Enjoy and I hope this inspires you to get some markers and see what you come up with!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment