Monday, September 3, 2012

Trims, Lace and Flowers - Altered Box Part 3

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

I hope you are having a great 3 day weekend! I have been diligently working on the box and mini that's inside. Its a little slow going since I have been making most of the embellishments myself. But I'm having fun and that's what counts!















Since I was going with the shabby chic look, my mind immediately went to lace and this trim for the edge of the lid. I bought the pink trim at Jo Ann's over a year ago but I checked yesterday, and they still carry it. I love how it looks! I used my hot glue gun and attached the lace first and then hot glued the trim over it.















Also in the trim aisle at Jo Ann's I found this wonderful flat back pearl trim. I admit I went crazy and bought all they had. I couldn't help myself LOL! Using my Glossy Accents, I put a dot of glue on each pearl and laid it as close to the edge as possible. It really finished of the edge nicely against the flowers and lace on the side.



















To cover up the hole in the corner ( you see it in above picture) I decided that flowers would be perfect. The 2 larger ones in the center are made from ribbon I coiled and attached to a paper circle using hot glue. For the dark grey one, the center is a Recollections embellishment I got at Michael's  The rest are using a punch and then embossed with UTEE. Brads finished them off for a cute center.















All together now, this is the box. I'm thinking just a few more embellishments and the box will be finished and then its full speed on the accordion mini inside. Not sure what I have planned there but the joy is in the journey, right?

Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah

1 comment: