Friday, August 31, 2012

And the Altered Box is covered!

Hello All!

Whew! I have been a crafting nutcase the past few days. I am working really hard to finish the outside of the altered box project. Its been going really well and I cant wait to show you all the progress.

Here it goes! 














This is the chip board accordion piece that I showed in an earlier post. I have cut it apart into individual sheets and gesso'd it. The reason for cutting it was that it seemed to be held together with masking tape that was getting brittle. I didn't want the project to be flimsy so I decided to separate them. I can always put it back to an accordion with new hinges!














Here is the paper collection I am using to make this project. It is by Iron Orchid and called Loolah. I bought it at the Scrapbook Expo. Its a 6x6.75 inch pad and is the perfect size for this project. I love using a smaller pad for this instead of trying to cut down a 12x12. I feel you lose to much that way in regards to the paper pattern and look. 














Above is the side of the box. To get more of the white wash look, I used my finger and LIGHTLY smeared some more gesso on the paper and around the edges to soften the look. I absolutely love how it turned out!!















Last but not least is the top of the lid. I really like this pink paper. Its hard to tell in the picture but it has a damask look to it in pink tones. 

So far this is the progress. Slow going but I wasn't to sure what I was aiming for when I started! LOL After fiddling I am leaning toward a shabby chic look. I think its off to a great start! 

Thanks for following this project. Keep checking back in to see how its going!

Have a great night!
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment