Thursday, August 23, 2012

Embossed Art Tag




Hello All!

This is my most recent creation. A tag using some Tim Holtz stamps I got recently at my Jo-Ann's (on clearance no less!). I have been wanting to experiment and play with all of my supplies for some time now, but I have a hard time just letting myself go and not following a pattern LOL. Its a trait of mine that usually comes in handy (as a medical assistant I have to be VERY precise) but when it comes to creating, its a bit hindering. So for the past few weeks, I have been trying to push myself to just wing it. No sketches (unless I draw them), no patterns, and no running out to buy anything unless I run out (adhesive).

For the tag, I love the quote, which reads, " Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." I find it very inspiring and wanted to make something to hang in my space with it. Since space is limited, I thought a tag was the way to go. I tried to use a variety of techniques such as misting, embossing, layering and distressing. All things I have done but not usually all on the same project. I really like how it came together, and it was fun to make. I am definitely going to make more to see what else I can come up with. This is only the beginning!

Stay tuned, I have another project to show you either later tonight or tomorrow depending on when I put the finishing touches on!

Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment